Hey, how are you doing?
I know you’ve been dreaming and scheming, even while you’re juggling a ton of other responsibilities – things that are also important, like your spouse, children, faith, and a full-time gig. You’re talented and trying to work a “side-hustle” or thinking about diving into one… You want to be intentional about your time, and I totally get that! You need to get the max return on your efforts online and you want to make a difference through your artistic gifts.
Does this ring true to you at all? Are you nodding in agreement and sighing in frustration? If so, pull up a chair and have a seat at the table. You’re my people and I’d love to help!
THIS is what inspired me to choose my 2017 Word of the Year: Community. I want to get to know more people, connect more deeply, and serve in the most helpful ways. After all, it’s relationships that matter most and I’m passionate about encouraging and promoting others who are using their gifts!
Here are some ways that I plan to build community this year:
- Feature a guest blog post or interview with an amazing and inspiring creative 1x/month
- Dive into the ins-and-outs of crowdfunding campaigns and offer crowdfunding coaching as a service
- Conduct a survey to explore the most common social media frustrations for family-first creatives
- Attend at least 1 local networking event each month
- Attend a few conferences
- Make Your Art, Make it Work: Crafting a Brand that Sells
- DIY Musician Conference
- Tribe Conference
- Engage more in various Facebook and LinkedIn Groups
- Participate in a Twitter Chat at least 1x/month
Have you chosen a word for 2017? How do you plan to put it into action?